Monday, January 10, 2011

LOVED BY ALL & MISSED BY MANY....


Augustana recreates her life with her mother,
Remember how she taught us their is no other.

From Birth, my Mami would laugh & chide,
'Is it your birthday?', I almost died!
But she really was a fine lady you see,
Everyone knew her as a Sage, as sweet as could be.
While sitting on a Sunny bench w/her new 'Diana-Treasure' baby,
Someone laughed saying, 'You've lost your lap'....
'That'd be news to her, Mami said in a Snap':)
One Mother's day, she smiled & smelled my gift of scented flower,
Her joyful smile filled me up with God's loving power.
She sang as she taught me to re-pot plants....
as we played with the dirt (never mind the ants:)
Mami loved to walk to the places-where 'It' was at,
while I convinced her to adopt our friends cat.
She'd sing a dirge and teach us a lesson or two,
we sat at her feet, while she'd chase away blues.
'Annie,Get me a Cafe!',she'd say, while Mami sat with my sick sister Millie night & day.
Sewing was her legacy, she taught everything she knew to me :)
Mami read us'El Diario'newspaper daily, the woes & hooray,
As She taught & thought of our future life someday.
Mami's slipper-chancletas would fly thru the air,
as we tried to escape, daring to act as if we didn't care.
As a grown lady, Millie had Mami's change purse,
buying her medicine-now she was the nurse.
Our Parents on Sunday to the Park would go,
a promise made by my sister made along time ago.
The oldest sister has all the early memories,
for she was the one who cared for all of us, especially me.
As I was going thru Mami Treasures....found bounty items that her love did measure.
My favorite doll she kept safely,
and the quotes in Mami's letters still teach lessons to me.

No comments: