Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bittersweet Reunion


Flew to Puerto Rico: Met with my familia: spanish relatives in the land of enchantment.

However, it was bittersweet: My elderly 'Papi' (Wello), Don Francisco Natal Torres, father to precious daughters; grandsons-daughters, nephews and nieces, great-grandsons-daughters, and precious great-great grand children, has passed away on Sat. Nov.17, 2007. We were all honored to have been in the presence of such a noble and humble patriarch of our familia.

My great-nephew, Stevencito, stood with me during the first viewing, he was very comforting. My oldest nephew, George, spoke of Wello being father, friend and most of all his mentor. My second nephew, Francisco, (his name-sake) was close in heart and is in our thoughts and prayers. My nephews,Aja, Steven and Jonathan were very helpful, all were very attentive and respectful to their 'tias'. I especially appreciate when my nephew Jonathan said, "He was my hero". All in our hearts could identify and agree with that, and all the other precious words spoken by all.

Papi's reina, Dominic, was with us via cell-phone, we heard her cries, it broke our hearts. Diana,(Papi's treasure)'Tesoro', spoke. "I remember", she said, "he was tender with us"- Su Ternura. Our sister Millie spoke, she quoted a scripture Papi told her once, John 1:1, "In the beginning was the word"....(do read it); it is a spiritual legacy and an eye-opener. My oldest sister received his cross as a momento.

Gracias a Kiko and Henry por hablar de Tio con honor. Henry's words were very touching: "Te veo en la Gloria",(See you in Glory) and my cousin Evelyn said: "Bendicion Tio." The Lord, God was FAITHFUL in laying him to rest. Diana and I said the Lord's prayer in Spanish.

Wonderful, caring father: Our First Blessing to thank God for every Thanksgiving Day. Our tender father- Nuestro padre ternuro; Our mentor- Nuestro mentor; Our patriarch- Nuestro patriarco; Our Hero- Nuestro Heroe and Our Chino's namesake: Francisco Natal Torres, our wonderful-precious-papi-wello, rest in peace. Your teaching and love has been accomplished; we are all honored and humbled to have been in your presence.

May the Lord, our God say: "Well done, my good and faithful servant". And to us all: God bless and accompany you, as you live a life pleasing to him; "Dios los bendiga y accompane, viviendo sus vida a la voluntad de Dios. Adios, Titi Annie, Hija y Hermana, sobrina y prima...(Semper Fi), Siempre Fiel. Adios Papi, recuerdos a Mami...Annie

No comments: