Friday, February 29, 2008

Love at first sight


"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future":(Jeremiah 29:11). Happy Birthday, son, hope you've been enjoying your month. This short conversation is dedicated to the ones I love. Baby: Hello, Where am I and what's your name? Jesus: Good day, your safe and secure in my arms and my name is Emmanuel. Baby: My name is Joseph, what are names for? Jesus: Names tell other who we are and Emmanuel means, 'God with us': (Matthew 1:23). Baby: What does my name mean? Jesus: Joseph means 'God adds'. Baby: Thank you, now I have a purpose in life. Jesus: "Commit your works unto the Lord, and your thoughts shall be established": (Proverbs 16:3). Baby: As I grow, will you be with me? Jesus: "God is with you wherever you go and in all you do": (Genesis 21:22). Baby: Thank you, now I feel precious in God's sight. Jesus: "Be like me and you'll grow: In Wisdom, health, in understanding and in favor with God and man": (Luke 2:52). Baby: How can I be sure, in a world that's constantly changing? Jesus: "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me": (John 14:6). Baby: Who, with you, will teach me all I need to know? Jesus:" 'John 14:6' is your mother's favorite scripture, she will teach you to observe all things and obey my command to be baptized": (Matthew 28:19). Baby: What if I get in a mess? Jesus: "You may always change your heart and be baptized": (Acts 2:38). Baby: What will God do with me, then? Jesus: I, the Lord God, will add you to my church": (Acts 2:47). Baby: Will you dress me? Jesus: "You will put me on in baptism". Baby: Will you feed me? Jesus: "Desire the sincere milk of the word, which will make you wise unto salvation". Baby: I'll always feel really safe and secure in your arms. Jesus: "That's because, 'I will be with you always, even until the end of time' "(Matthew 28:19). Parents: To our son Joseph, congratulations on your successful journey through your life in Christ. We are really proud of all God has helped you to accomplish: A wonderfully 'healthy' life and beautiful wife; two precious sons; a great job and good co-workers; lovable dog, Isaac; being so close to your mom and dad; loving in-loves; a great house; fashionably safe town; the Lord's wonderful church and family near and far; and good neighbors, too. Joseph, I am so grateful to God to have such a precious, good and wonderful son as you. Thank you for always being there with and for me. And especially for introducing me to Ramona, even then, God used you to bring us to our life in Christ, you've truly been, and always will be, the most cherished blessing of my life. Our God has truly blessed you and yours. And you've grown to be a great example to your sons and are humbly raising a heritage unto the Lord, our God. "Wisdom is know by her children" (proverb). From Our 'Humble' Front Porch to yours...Mami & Papi.

No comments: