Saturday, February 16, 2008

Madam How and Why...


Home-schooling, who ever thought it would be so much fun & hard work,too. Hat's off to parents, mothers and grandmothers everywhere, who home-school everyday. God Bless you all with strength of mind; body; soul and spirit, and fortify your resolve.

Now I truly understand when Jesus says,"Come unto me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Whew! Help us, Lord. I did it to myself, I awoke at 5:30 a.m. All bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to teach, by noon I was dragging. I get super excited, talk a mile a minute and then collapse. Like I'd tell former co-workers, after a full day of fellowship, it was a 'Good-tired!'. Got to admit though, homeschooling is lots of fun, I really enjoyed it.

Madam How and Why, Joseph reads and narrates: True stories, place: England about the origin of flint knives, very involved. It reads,'now use your eyes'. I reminded Joseph to try and visualize it. The motto for the day: The old Chinese proverb: See-Remember, Hear-Know, Do-Understand. Davey kept repeating it.
We read poetry by both Emily Dickinson,'The Butterfly's Day' and Eugene Field, together. Joey recited his favorite poem by Eugene Field,'The Dinky Bird', it's so cute. My favorite poem was in the McGruff reader, 'I've always enjoyed autumn poems' by George Cooper.

Davey does really well reading the Spanish Bible, I'm so proud of him. Joseph is becoming a good writer, he's working on a biography of Noah and is doing really well. Every morning they practice penmanship, while writing their memory-verse in English, Spanish, and Joseph even does his in Latin, also.

So,like the butterfly, this spring we are emerging from our cocoons to become what we believe.

May you be refreshed and encouraged to do likewise.

From Our 'good tired' Front Porch to yours...Nana Ana & Andy.

No comments: