Sunday, March 6, 2011

DAVEY'S DELIGHT....


Spoke with our grandson Davey last Saturday. He was all excited for his brother Joey, who won 2nd place at the Regional Science Fair. Everyone was excited and talking loud in the background. Davey got flustered and said,'Do you mind, I'm speaking to Nana and I can't hear myself think!'....I had to laugh. With that, he shared with me how he's been carrying around this large '10th Anniversary' book of Calvin & Hobbes, so he can read it whenever he gets a chance. Typical 10 year old, I could just picture him with his backpack full of goodies: Book,art-notebook,pen,pencil,small hand-held toy,snacks,water-bottle,etc. It's an adventure in Davey's back-pack....wish I were there to share.

Remember: Always carry your favorite adventures with you....you never know, when you'll have quiet time to share your joys with loved ones.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you have a great relationship with your grandchildren. Wonderful!