Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Raindrops keep falling on our Heads



Good Evening-Buenas Noches

It's raining, it's pouring ...and the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.
Singing through this storm has helped, a lot. I remember once reading 'When it rains, God visits the earth (Psalm).
I love the Redwood Trees. Therefore, I need to appreciate and respect how God cares for the land and waters it, softening it with showers.(Psalm 65:9,10).
I remember when Joey was younger, he'd drop a quarter in a puddle in the parking lot, Oh no!. What a surprise in Spring, when he'd find it!

This recent storm is different from past years; we had awesome lightning and hail! The crackling lightning was so close, the parking lot lighted up!
I got so scared, off went the TV. The hail was quick, crunchy and pebbled against the window panes, oh baby! Last time it hailed was on a New Year's day. Davey was very small and he got scared, crying until he held a piece and said: "Ohh, cold ball!".
The rain has continued through out the week, both day and night.
I think of Noah's Ark and with animals, no less.
Blackie, our neighborhood cat, has been coming around sporadically,
it so happens a giant possum had been eating his nightly treat.
We'll feed Blackie during his day visits.

Good news...the sun finally came out yesterday morning (answered prayer), thank God. I took advantage, organizing paperwork in the warm sunbeams on the kitchen counter. My sister from Miami called, I used to tell her: "Send me some sunshine!", she'd laugh. I remember one time, birds swooped down and scared her; I said: "Girl count your blessings" as I visualized beautiful, colorful birds flying overhead.
I miss the tropical weather in Puerto Rico-70 degrees- with a cool breeze (I loved it); my sister who lives there was freezing!

Looking forward to Spring-Garden walking through our beautiful Victorian Village of Ferndale. I love walking to the library and reading a checked-out book on Our Front Porch.

Stay warm and enjoy sunny days...Ana & Andy

No comments: