Friday, January 25, 2008

Thanks for the Comment...


First comments are so special, especially when sent with much love and enthusiasm.

Gracias por el commentario! to my nephew Steven and his new bride Suzette.

I had a wonderful visit with them July of 2006 at their wedding.
Surprised to see me, he stepped sideways and we kissed on the lips,it was so funny. His bride Suzette is beautiful, she looks like my sister Millie (her mother-in-law) when a teen.
During the ceremony, I sat with Wello in the back, and when he'd get confused I pointed to a puppy across the window, running in and out of a roof-door, he smiled in amusement we really enjoyed it. The ceremony was quick, then pictures were taken.
The church building had wooden antique-doors, like a puzzle, upon entering the bottom folded down like a draw-bridge, it was neat.

At the reception an Italian restaurant, the table setting was elegant and their choice of mint-green motif seemed so tropical. The band played a swift Latin beat, my sister and I were dancing in our seats! Yolanda, my sister's best friend, was celebrating with us also. Our father, Wello, wouldn't eat the delicious dinner set before him. He was a chef at the Americana Hotel in NYC and probably recalled some past mishap in the kitchen. We kept trying to coax him, but he refused.

Jonathan sang a beautiful love song to the newly-weds. And we visited with Steven's uncle, one of the Martell brothers. There were even babies, all one big happy family. We all had a great time.
When it ended, we received keepsakes of a small candle, a disposable camera and I always keep napkins, too.
My sister had a photo taken with our father, Wello ( my idea ), it came out beautiful.

Gracias, Familia en Puerto Rico, por compartir en un tiempo memorial. Thank you, family in Puerto Rico, for sharing memorable moments. I thank our Lord God, who blessed me with such precious memories, I will keep them in my heart forever.

God bless & keep you. Dios bendiga y accompane...

From Our 'Tropical' Front Porch...Ana & Andy.

No comments: