Thursday, January 31, 2008

Seems it never rains in Southern California...


"Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before. It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya, it pours, man, it pours".

It was raining when I first heard this song and I started crying. Being a native New Yorker, and having lived in New England, I'm used to all kinds of weather, but the rain, at times is overwhelming. The sun (thank God) shines bright occasionally, and I've learned to really appreciate it. I miss crisp New England winters, yes, it was cold, but the sun shone brightly. I'm a morning person, however, I must admit the rain does lull me to sleep at night.
Why this picture? Because that is just how I feel. Bing!, now boarding at gate '7th Heaven' to you guessed it, 'La Isla Bonita', the land of enchantment, Puerto Rico. It's not called 'rich port' for nothing. Before I came home, my sister said: "Get as much sun as you can, girl". I was in front of my father's house and it felt so good, like in 'Trip to Bountiful'. In my mind's eye, I could see and hear the sounds of Diana's children playing, and Aja, Steven, Joe, Jeje and Alex laughing and Wello & Wella talking, as I soaked in the sunbeams.
I don't miss those New York winters (or the subways), but I do miss my family. My dreams of Puerto Rico are so vivid, I can even feel the warm breeze. Hopefully, someday our California family will visit understand and appreciate my musing.

Meanwhile, all the leaves are brown and the sky is gray, I've been for a walk on a winter's day. I'd be safe and warm", be nice and warm, if I were flying out today, Puerto Rico dreaming, on such a winter's day, (Puerto Rico dreaming, on such a winter's day)...

Remember: Think Spring and you may just feel a warm breeze...Bing...

From Our(dreaming) Front Porch to yours, Ana & Andy.

1 comment:

blessings said...

Oh I hunted everywhere the other day for a snowy photo! That one would've been perfect =) It's snowing again tonight. They say we're to get another 5-6 inches - UGH! I'm so ready for Spring. That print to linked to is just up my Old World alley! Thank you for your kind words. So glad to chat with you again! Blessings... Polly