Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday Wishes


I take quiet time to pray as I'm washing dishes. While thinking of answered prayers, I thought (I sure could use a nice surprise).

Suddenly, a bunch of little 'Goldfinch' baby birds flew on top of the greenhouse below our kitchen window. Their colors were so bright and cheerful, surprised, I said, "Oh,Wow!". I thought to wake Andy up and tell him, for he loves birds, but it was too early. They flitted about, wildly chirping away in the bright sunshine. I can still picture & hear them in my mind.

This picture is from Sonoma County (just south of us). There you may see many beautiful birds that frequent our region throughout the year. (Note: excerpts from the blog)...the 'Lesser' is the smaller of the American Goldfinches, only 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 inches from beak to tail. The American Goldfinch averages about 5". The female of the two species may be difficult to distinguish, but you can easily learn to tell the males apart by noting the field-marks of beak; back; and caps. Comparative illustrations between the American Goldfinch and Lesser Goldfinch may be seen on the blog (see credit).

I am so glad I found this site, now we can enjoy and learn more about our precious local birds. Now, when I do the dishes, I'll think of that sweet serendipitous surprise from heaven.

Remember: Not one bird falls down without our Heavenly Father knowing, what a comforting and pleasant thought. (right now- I'm listening to some evening birds singing)...their song is so peaceful.

From Our' melodious' Front Porch to yours...Andy & Ana.

Credit: American Bird guide.com

No comments: