Sunday, March 23, 2008

Home...at last!



Our neighborhood cat, Blackie, went missing for a couple of weeks. I was beginning to get really concerned. Blackie visited all during the rainy winter with no problems. Then, just when the weather started clearing up, poof!, she was gone. I thought and hoped, okay, maybe Blackie's owners were on vacation. Then I started praying for a safe return. I hated to think something ominous had happened to such a sweet cat. We stopped putting the daily treat outside. It was a sad time, indeed. Andy thought Blackie had just wandered off on a curious adventure. So I was reassured, sweet & lovable Blackie would come back eventually. Just when I was about to call it quits, this Sunday morning, as I left for worship, Blackie pops in the door! What a great surprise! Back like nobody's business, went straight to her indoor corner. I quickly filled the bowl, and Blackie proceeded to drop a treat on the floor and eat. Old habits die hard. I'm glad we didn't rearrange the furniture; Blackie kept looking around, taking it all in. Probably thinking: 'There's no place like home, there's no place like home'. We're both so glad to see our precious cat-friend, back to old tricks, showing her belly and rubbing up against our legs. I'm thankful God answered my prayer on Sunday morning. From Our 'Grateful' Front Porch to yours...Andy & Ana.

No comments: