Wednesday, March 19, 2008

In like a Lion out like a Lamb...


March comes in like a lion and goes out like lamb. When my elementary school teacher would say that, I'd think what is she talking about???. Being a 'city child' and having only seen lions in the Bronx zoo the phrase sounded scary to me. So I raised my hand and asked 'What do you mean a lion?', mind you, that was before I had to write I shall not talk in class 100x, and never raised my hand again. So she explained:" The lion means strong winds and the lamb means gentle breezes. Oh, I said with an strange look on my face. Never having been to a petting zoo, I could only imagine out loud, does a lamb feel like my teddy bear? I could still see the smile on her face, 'yes',she said. The same question was asked of me by my grandsons, when I made the above quote. I believe God created our precious grandchildren to bring to memory our enjoyable childhood. "This March has been really windy hasn't it Nana" said Joey. Yes sweetheart, March comes in like a leon, and goes out like an obeja,(gotta get that Spanish in every time)."What does that mean Nana?" asked Davey. So I explain, "El Leon means strong vientos and la obeja means gentle breezes". These past couple of weeks have been blustery and raw, occasional raining and we even had lite hail, then the sun shone brightly!. We are starting to hear sounds of spring as the weather warms. My favorite 'Spring- sound' is hearing a small plane fly up above on a clear day, it's so peaceful, don't you think? My husband's favorite scent of spring is the smell of freshly cut grass.Whenever, I hear a mower, I can always picture him on the front porch taking a breather. Well, enjoy the hope of Spring, and remember when the grandkids ask questions-it's God's way of saying count your blessings and share all those precious memories. From Our 'memory-lane' Front Porch to yours...Ana & Andy.

No comments: