Wednesday, December 30, 2009

CROCHETING COMFORTS ME.....


This picture reminds me of when I was a teen. My mother and I would crochet ecru squares for her dinging room table. When my sister would asked 'What did Ana cook?', my mom would pipe up and say, 'The crochet tablecloth your eating on!':)
I may ask a young lady to do the same with me again someday, hope she's interested.

I read in a magazine today that working with your hands is good therapy. I knew that but hadn't really experienced it until I picked up a needle once again. Working on a long ago ufo I had started last summer during VBS, I once again began to crochet. Oh what a comfort & joy I felt when the apron began taking shape. I prayed for everyone and everything as I sat back in coziness.

The gift was completed just in time for Christmas and well received :)

REMEMBER: Enjoy & share your talents, one day you may eat atop your crafts :)

No comments: