Saturday, June 27, 2009

O'HAPPY DAY

One day, she said 'Why don't we have a bible study, I feel like such a heathen'. I laughed and said 'Okay!', it sounded hopeful with all the changes I had been going through, I need real answers for my life. 
At that same time, I needed new child-care and she referred me to another lady in the complex. The lady was a teacher by profession, and I soon found out a New Testament Christian member of The church of Christ. She had students from Harding Christian College staying with her. One of the young ladies invited me to a Wednesday evening service. I invited my best friend,who's idea it was in the first place, but sadly she declined. She was so good in planting the idea in my heart. She loved my family and we in turn loved & trusted her companionship and enjoyed many holidays together. However, this new journey was only with 'My God and I'. 
I began an open bible study with my new christian-teacher neighbor and friend.
The unique and exciting thing about her approach was that she opened the Bible, and as I asked her question & concerns about my faith,she pointed to a verse to confirm or share a eye opening scripture. Subsequently, it led me to understand and the desire to be just a 'New Testament Christian' was confirmed and I believed & obeyed just like the early Christians in Acts 2:38 and was baptized and added to the Lords' church as stated in Acts 2:47.
Excuse me I have to answer the phone. Oh my ! What a surprise ! it's my best friend from years ago. The lady I first wrote about above :) My son had found his best friend on Facebook and he gave his mom our phone #. It was so great hearing from her after so many years. She's still living in relatively the same area. Her children are a bit scattered, but close by. I told her all that has happened since we last saw each other. 
Catching up was so much fun ;) It opened my eyes to see & recall how much God has blessed our lives. We spoke of fun, sorrow and joy. It's like we're right back to where we started from. I just wrote her a note, in it I thanked her for being a true mentor and friend. She was the best mother in the neighborhood and now she's back to be my friend :)
REMEMBER & ENJOY:  Have new friends, but keep the old for one is Silver the other Gold....
CREDIT: God for the blessing of true friendships that bring us back to him.

No comments: