Saturday, September 20, 2008

A good tired...

I've been busy this past week, catching up with the boys. I had not seen them in a while, and I really missed them. They have been coming over during the week and spending some fun times with us.
We went to the library and Davey got the first book of the Cat trilogy, and a silly cow-farm book that he read to me today. He read it to me (instead of me to him), because I have a sinus cold-headache.
I really enjoy the days we have together, it's so much fun. Yesterday, we visited the local art museum and checked out our local artists. There was a display of wooden bowls with small white beans and beautiful quilts. The boys touched and felt the textured art, it was very interesting. We also like sitting across from the museum and having some ice-cream.
Usually, we go to a local shop called Candy Stick however, unfortunately, it burned down yesterday morning. A sad time in Ferndale town history, as this cute shop had Retro-red & white leather jackets hanging on the walls from our local Wildcats football team. Andy and I used to love going there for bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches with fries, especially since the vinyl booths were real comfortable.
Hopefully, it will be restored soon, maybe in time for the holidays.

Today we stayed indoors and the boys played a 'Knight' computer game, they enjoyed that a lot.

"Stay at home, my heart, and rest, Home-Keeping hearts are happiest, for those that wander they know not where are full of trouble and full of care, to stay at home is best," Longfellow...


Remember: Enjoy & Thank God for local sites...(you never know for how long)...

No comments: