Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ladies Retreat 2008

Here is a picture of our Resident Nurse, Sally & her mom. They were the first ones we met when we got to the campsite. She hugged me, she's so nice and friendly. Sally and Rebekah get along really well and have a lot in common, as they are the only two nurses present (others are retired, but once a nurse always a nurse). It's always a joy to see Sally, as she reassures everyone, in case they need medical attention. I spoke to her mom, finding out Sally hails from Quebec, Canada. I enjoyed going there once, the streets were so clean.

It was great seeing everyone and meeting new faces. I gave some ladies a copy of my favorite post with my e-mail. I hope they check it out and write to me. We met a lovely lady from Roseville (Church of Christ) Ca., Betty does missionary work in Mexico. She asked if I'd be interested in going to Mexico to work with children. I thought Spanish and children are two of my favorites, I'd love to. Becky said she'd be interested in taking the boys.

One of my many favorite parts of the retreat was the Center stage presentation. A sister in Christ hand quilted a Theme Quilt- based on the 'Fruits of the Spirit' (Gal 5:27), she wanted to preserve a heritage taught to her by her mother and grandmother.
The beautiful purple and white quilt consisted of: (one square each=3 in a row= 9 blocks total area).
One picture of each 'Gift of the Spirit' (Virtues) is represented by each Patchwork square :
First Row-The Three Squares are Love with a Heart; Joy with a Star and Jesus name; and Peace with a Dove; Second Row-Middle Three Squares are Patience with Praying hands; Center Square Kindness with a basket of 3 flowers (representing: Father, Son & Holy Ghost); and Goodness with an Angel;
Third Row-Bottom Three Squares are Faithfulness with a Bible; Gentleness with a Butterfly and Self-Control with (and this is funny) a Lady's face with tape on her mouth. I kept going up to examine the stitches and Becky took a picture to share with her mom and sister.

Another decoration I really loved was 'Scripture-Pictures' framed with cream-colored lace, posted throughout the meeting room. The young lady who designed them gave me a site: Free Foto.com.(cut and paste deal), I hope to learn how to do the same creative pictures process soon.

Remember: Pray Daily and Support *Sierra Children's Home & Agape Villages*
(Central Church of Christ- Stockton, California )

The organizers-shared gifts and talents were appreciated and enjoyed by all the ladies. The three days flew by with great fun and enthusiasm experienced by everyone.

Remember: Your love has given me great joy and encouragement...Philemon 7 (NIV)

No comments: