Friday, September 5, 2008

September Morn


I have been spending a wonderful time with our grandson's lately. They both have a few weeks break from home school and come over first thing in the morning. The weather has been really nice, it's clear and cool. Sunday was a beautiful day, I thought 'Indian Summer' like in New England.

The rest of the week has been really great nice and sunny. The boy's and I especially enjoy going to Fireman's Park, where together they play star-wars and swing from the monkey bars in the new jungle gym. We went around the Victorian Village window shopping and running errands.

We walked to the library and our librarian was laughing about something, she sounded so cute and funny. The boys couldn't help but giggle. We shared our latest book finds with each other and Bonnie our librarian. Joey is reading a cat trilogy and Davey is into Wishbone the PBS detective dog. My three book picks were based on my favorite authors: Augusta Trobaugh and Willo Davis Roberts our librarian Bonnie told me she went to school with Willo's daughter. Willo Davis Roberts wrote juvenile mystery books. I bought one and read it in three days, it was only 166 pages. The title was 'Don't hurt Laurie', about a young girl abused by her emotionally unstable mother. It was a sad, yet 'good reading'. The book was recommended for social workers to help understand domestic violence. On a lighter note, I got a book by Roald Dahl. I love to read 'juvenile books' in this weather because they are short and sweet.

Hope to downsize a lot of old books after the holidays. Next week is our town's yearly 'September Yard Sale' there will be yard and store front sales and books for sale at the library, back to square one. Well I hope your having a nice transition into fall and enjoying all the wonders the season has to offer.

Enjoy: Try to remember a day in September when all was sweet and life was mellow.

Credit: Bible verse from Ecclesiastes in Cross stitch...

No comments: