Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY


Today is our 25th Anniversary ! Happy Anniversary to us.. I can't believe a milestone of so many wonderful years. I'm listening to a song 'I am your you are mine and we are what we are...
The weather today is cool hope the sun comes out, soon. I miss photo-journaling. ( been on Polyvore too addictive).

This picture one of my favorites, I hope you love it as much as I do.. Our grandson called and asked 'Nana what were your wedding colors?', Well my silk bouquet has Cranberry, Ecru and Navy flowers with baby's breath on it. My husband looked so handsome and distinquished in matching suit and tie. We were married in New England-Connecticut where the Danbury-church of Christ meets. It was a beautiful fall day, that's why we love Autumn so much.
We planned everything in a month. We sat down together with a calendar and with God's help put the whole plans into motion.Our sister in Christ Libby a Hat-maker helped me with the headdress. I purchased an Ecru Victorian day dress (I just wondered would I still fit in it???) Everything happened very well, Thank God. We had a beautiful cake, and a handsome table setting of Autumn floral. The table setting was donated to a nursing home. We had a photographer, he took pictures of everyone.

We had our honeymoon at South Hamptons, Andy's college town It's a quaint New England seaport town in Long Island. We went to the Montauk Point Lighthouse. In the center of town was a giant windmill. We went antique shopping. It was a lovely place, indeed. We worshiped with the Riverside-church of Christ. We met Jerry Hill, of Timothy Hill Boy's Ranch located in Riverside, He preached on the adversity & trust in God in the lives of Hymn-songwriters. We also met a couple, Andy knew the lady, they invited us their place. They were care-takers of a small Mansion (the owner was the heir of Avon makeup company) . The place had many rooms and a TV in each one. The lady's husband walked around in socks as to not dirty the carpet, we took our shoes off, too.I remember passing a bathroom and the counter top was 'Emerald' such 'Vanity'!!! I have to laugh at the play of words.

All in all it was a wonderful time, the shops were great and we went to see the movie 'Educating Rita' it was so touching. I went to a 'Rich people's ' thrift shop and got this awesome thick warm tweed autumn sweater, I wore it all the time.It's all coming back to me now. I remember the cool air and golden & maple leaves everywhere. We went to a restaurant and there was a display of pumpkins & an Indian doll in the window , so cute . I took pictures everywhere we went. I remember walking in a store and the guy said " Hi, Andy", I said 'How do you know his name?.' He said 'Well, I hope he is Andy, you have a button that reads 'I LOVE ANDY', we all laughed... Funnier yet, in another store there was a parrot and he kept saying 'HELLO!!, What's your name?!!'. We had a wonderfully great time... Great memories to cherish forever...

Remember: Cherish the love now & forever yours, Ana ...

Credit: Our God for brining us together forever ...

No comments: