Monday, May 11, 2009

QUEEN FOR A DAY !

                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
No one said it was easy being a Princess.
Hope you all had a wonderful mother's day. I had a wonderful time with my son 'The Prince' and his family.
The day began cool and cloudy, and I walked to my son's house. When I arrived Isaac our family  black lab had a 'Canvas Bag' loop around his neck. He was jumping up and down to greet me. I usually stand back due to allergies. He was so friendly licking my left hand. My daugther-in love 'The Princess' said 'Isaac has a surprise for you', I looked down and it was a gift from Mendocino! 
A large canvas bag with a black & white speckled hen sitting atop the basket printed on it. What a nice surprise :) My son 'The Prince' and grandsons wished me a 'Happy Mothers Day!'. 
I hugged my daughter-in love 'The Princess', and told her how much I love her. I said 
'Love you, Sweetheart' and she had a big smile on her face. 
My son 'The Prince' and I went to his office for Bible class, we spent the time talking about their trip to Mendocino. 
We do that sometimes take a 'Count your blessings' break :) He showed me some booklet and gave me some brochures. It all looked and sounded wonderful. 
The weather was stormy when they arrived, but it cleared up rapidly. The trip took only 3 hours with a stop at in-loves home:). Their room was really nice, it even was pet-friendly, Lord willing Isaac will be with them on the next trip. 
The area was like a Seaport Village quaint and beautiful by the Pacifico Ocean. See how I put in the spanish word 'Pacifico' means 'calm' in spanish :) I was reminded that 'Murder she wrote ' was filmed in Mendicino on the 'Fort Brag' pier area...do you remember? Blair Inn...I saw it on the video of Mendicino we all later watched. The boys enjoyed a 'Petting zoo' and my daughther-in love had a really good time at the Knitting shop, and my son bought the video at a Arbor-shop. 
Now for our 'Queen for a day'-mothers day. My son 'The Prince' cooked a wonderful brunch of pasta, sauce, Italian-bread, salad and they baked a gingerbread cake. 
My daughter-in love mom & dad joined us for the 'Queen for a Day' brunch. 
But let me tell you before the brunch began, my grandson asked 'Can you take me to Mercantile', a local antique store he favors. We went for a walk while my son 'The Prince' cooked and Mercantile's was closed. So I piped up and said 'Let's go to Lenz' ! one of my favorite stores. Okay, we bought Queen-grandma-in love  sewing notions and a card. I saw a lacey-star coaster and my grandson bought it for me :) it is really pretty.
I need to share that this child is very thoughtful, indeed.
We all had a beautiful day. The weather cleared up and the sun came out. After brunch, the ladies visited the Gorgeous Garden the kids have worked so hard on all Spring. And then we all settled down for desert of gingerbread cake and watched the Mendicino video. The ladies also enjoyed looking at a large Monet Garden book.
We all had a wonderful time On Queen for a day-Mothers Day :)
Remember: Behold how good & how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in Unity...Ps 133:1

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I adore how much you love your daughter-in-love. I feel that way about my son 'in-law' as I call him. Maybe I'll steal your address. I like son-in-love, sounds fitting. You mentioned A HEN! Well I'm rushing over to "A Dog and His Chickens" to see the latest! This is my kind of reality show!