Wednesday, March 18, 2009

HOME SCHOOL SWEET HOME

I started Homeschooling our grandsons a couple of weeks ago. We really enjoy having them visit with us a couple of days a week. Being a morning person I'm at the ready, willing and able. However by the time I return home I'm totally wiped out. 
It's no ones fault but my own, because I get totally involved with every projects. 
The set up is a bit cramped, but I hope to add a strong sturdy table and more small items to complement their needs. 
I enjoy reviewing the lessons with each one individually and we laugh when we both come up with the same answer, it's so much fun. 
We snuggle up to read our Spanish lesson and Nana finally gets all the terms to verbs and such. When I was little, I learned to read and write Spanish from the newspaper, but now it's an eye opener with all the new terms. 
With Spring fast approaching we've been able to excersice more and it's refreshing to walk home, snack and then go for a run . 
I enjoy listening to their playing cello, it's relaxing after a long day.
And less we forget half and hour of reading is a joy, too.
REMEMBER: Enjoy your grandchildren while their still young....and then you'll be able to laugh at the future with them.
Credit: Momma Becka & Dad Joe....Wisdom is known by her children......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ana, it's to your credit that you are schooling your young grandchildren. Not everyone with the desire has the patience or energy, plus the knack for teaching. I just wrote a blog featuring my 13yr. old grandson and his maturing manners. Check it out.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.