Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SWIM TO ME A Novel by: Betsy Carter


I just started this Summer Read and I can't put it down, it's so good.
My favorite genre....Coming of Age story of a young girl from of all places the Bronx!
It begins with a young girl named Delores...which in Spanish means 'Pain'...
The writing reminds me of the Movie-Matilda...remember by: Raul Dahl, in this story her parents are like Matilda's parents...Wacky & Weird....yet somewhat funny.
It's poignant, silly, sad & cute and funny all at the same time ! I love it :)
Without giving anymore away-Young Delores decides to leave home and become a Mermaid.
She travels by bus to Weeki Wachee in Florida and thus begins the Adventure of this Summer-Read!

Enjoy & Remember: Somewhere beyond the Sea...Somewhere waiting for me...Our love is build on Golden Sand....and watches the ships go a sailing :)

No comments: