Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bernie & Vanessa

We heard about Bernie Mac passing away from lung complications on Saturday, Aug.9th. We were both shocked and saddened.
Andy and I started watching his show a couple of month's ago and really enjoyed it. We read where he was sick throughout and had to get treatment between tapings.
He was such a great comedian- in the family show, with the children driving him crazy with all their antics. Bernie Mac was known to be a 'family-man' being married for 30 years. His show 'Bernie Mac' is on late, I'd sleep, then get up to watch it.
Our favorite part is when Bernie recaps with: 'America!, their doing me wrong'.
The next couple of nights, I couldn't make myself watch Bernie Mac.
One weekend afternoon, I saw a re-run show of a funeral. My first thought was that's weird-why now?, it continued, a family-gathering scene and he's hugging his wife.
Then comes the recap and his personal thoughts, I listened intently as Bernie admonishes the audience, reminding us to 'Pay your respects now', then I realized 'why'?, it wasn't so weird after all, it was Bernie's last word's to 'America'...

Enjoy good memories watching Bernie Mac's 'America' family show...

Remember:"Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted"...Jesus-Matthew 5.

Credit: Bernie Mac love for Venessa...

No comments: