Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Harvest of Blessings/ A Milestone in Words

Recently, "Our Front Porch" passed a milestone of sorts; actually a milestone in words. I just noticed the event several days ago, but it didn't really hit me until I was reviewing some of our latest posts. Our blog has passed the "100" posts mark! Now, I know that this occasion isn't going to set off any fireworks display or start the blogging world abuzz, but, for me this is exciting. Why? Well, for me, it confirms that we are working on something that is truly worthwhile for ourselves, at least, if no one else. We work on "Our Front Porch" when we could be doing something less demanding, less time-consuming, with much less attention-to-detail. My dear wife, Ana, has been doing the posting for quite some time, now. When she started, I think she was very unsure about the whole concept of blogging, let alone trying to compose a post and I wasn't much help, having just started the process myself, about one week before. So word by word, sentence by sentence, idea by idea, we worked on "Our Front Porch" together and now, Ana sits down whenever she has some ideas and some time to spare and she weaves together one or two posts all by herself, in less time than it takes me to come up with one idea. I do have to take some credit for coming up with the title and setting up the blog before even telling Ana what I was planning. Then after writing several posts, I showed her the blog to see what she thought. From her reaction, I believe, she was both surprised and pleased, because she has become "the little blogger who could" and I couldn't be happier for her! As for me, I'm content to work in the background, doing whatever is needed: editing, offering suggestions, etc. I gladly let Ana "run the show", because she pours herself into every post from reading, to research, to artwork and composition,(did I miss anything?) she is the "heart and soul" of "Our Front Porch", because she has dedicated it to God and He, in return, has blessed her efforts. "True efforts bear fruit". From Andy to my Ana, con mucho amor y muchas gracias.

No comments: