Saturday, August 2, 2008

Help Wanted...


I'm really trying to eat right. I lost one pound and gained a lot more this past week.

My friends are the best examples of how to keep on keeping on. I spoke to a cheerful mentor and was advised to walk away the weight. I enjoy garden walking to the library, while listening to classical music.

Replacing treats with sliced oranges takes care of thirst for sweets. Having brunch combines two meals into one. I'm also using avocado dip on pita bread with sliced turkey, a refreshing light lunch. And I'm trying a drop of lemon with (watered down) cranberry juice, real tangy.

As you can see, my weakness is at night. When I was a child, my dad worked nights and I shared a midnight snack with him. Old habits die hard. Every night, I find my face in the fridge. Our meals are mostly non-meat staples and veggies, I hope to keep them that way. I just need to replace the snacks, I've tried raisins; pistachio & honey nuts; and some summer nights, I enjoy cereal instead of a hot meal.

Well, I have to keep on keeping on. I met a lady at a retreat, she journaled scriptures on: 'Eating' and encouraged herself to lose weight.

Remember: Enjoy your meals while memorizing & picturing these scriptures:

Proverbs 30:8-Feed me with food convenient for me...
Proverbs 6:8- Consider the ant- it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. (Save food for the fall)...
Proverbs 15:17- Better a meal of vegetables with love than meat with hatred...
Proverbs 17:1- Better a dry crust with peace and quiet, than a full house of feasting with strife...
Proverbs 21:20- In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but the foolish devours all he or she has...(use olive oil in meals)...

From: Our 'thankful' Front Porch...Ana & Andy.

Credit: Wisdom from God's Word.

No comments: