Saturday, August 2, 2008

Como aqua para chocolate...


Like water for chocolate. My mom used to say, "Estoy como aqua para chocolate". I asked my Mexican friend what it meant, and she said to the 'boiling point'. The water is heated to the boiling point and a dark chocolate bar is shredded into it. So it means, 'I'm to the boiling point'. There's a beautiful Mexican movie based on the book,"Like water for chocolate", it's about a girl born on the kitchen table, among all the vegetables, herbs & spices and how her cooking reflects her life. I thought it was deep and poignant, because in the Spanish culture 'meals'(not recipes) reflect our lives. I enjoy placing a touch of chocolate in my 'Arkansas Coffee'. It all began when Joey was born in Arkansas, the kids introduced me to coffee with chocolate. It's so good, try it once and your hooked. Buen Provecho! 'To your health'.

Remember: Enjoy a nice cup of coffee with a chocolate 'touch'.

From: Our 'tasty' Front Porch...Ana & Andy.

Credit: Art Nouveau 2009 Calendars...

No comments: