Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ARK - ART


I'm really excited this summer, because I finally decided to start on my art once again.

It began when my daughter-in-love invited me to an art fest for V.B.S.
They were creating a giant visual collage of Noah's Ark. The dining room table was covered with a large, clear, vinyl table-cloth. My son's boxes of multi-colored acrylics were brought out to be shared with the boys. A large roll of white paper was used to cut into sheets for each of us. And the fun began, I picked pastel colors for the rainbow and hues of blues for the stormy and clear skies. It was great, I really enjoyed myself.

Getting back into art stirs the creative side of the brain and makes you feel like a child again. We had so much fun. Davey poured and mixed a lot of brown and tan, coming up a 'taupe-color' that we used as background for the gopher wood, it turn out nice. Joey said he'd share his colors with me; it really helped in mixing the different hues for the rainbow colors.

On the first day of V.B.S., I got to see the finished project and was surprisingly amazed at how wonderful it looked. Very large on white background: Noah's Ark in taupe & warm brown collage; silver clouds; the ocean in purple/blue hues; and the Rainbow in strips of pastel, it all looked so lovely. Our son Joe has a creative, artistic eye.

Remember: Don't hesitate to start, enjoy your art.

From: Our 'fascinated' Front Porch...Ana & Andy.

Credit: 'In the beginning God created...' - Gen.1:1.

No comments: