Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees


One of my favorite books: 'The Secret Life of Bees' by: Sue Monk Kidd.

The story is about a young girl (coming-of-age) living in the South. It is so good, you can almost sense the sounds and smell of all that's happening around her. I love reading in the 'first person', it's like the character is right there talking to you.

The girl is so brave with the bees, in my mind, I could imagine them humming around her. The Southern sisters she meets are really cheerful and help her with all she needs to know about caring for bees.

The rest is for the cinema, in October 2008, there will be a movie. I am so looking forward to seeing it on video. I think it's great to be able to see how the characters are depicted. Queen Latifah plays one of the sisters. To see a preview trailer of the movie, see below.

Enjoy: Videos based on books read.

Remember: The pictures are in your mind...

From: Our 'dreaming' Front Porch...Ana & Andy.


http://www.bordersmedia.com/feature/
video/secretlifeofbees.asp

No comments: