Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just call out my name...


Yesterday, while resting and listening to my Audio-Bible on CD, my baby sister Diana called me. She had knee surgery on Thursday the 17th. and sounded groggy and in a lot of pain.

We are very close, when she came home from the hospital, I was 7 years old and thought she was a 'living' doll. She is so sweet, bright and funny, God love her. I can rest assure whenever she calls I'll have a good laugh.

It's funny, I had a feeling of what would happen, if I fell down the steps and had to be in crutches? Then Diana calls and said she fell at work and injured her knee. The worker who was moping quickly placed a wet sign to cover herself. My sister's co-worker said she should have taken a picture with her cell phone, but under the circumstances-pain came before quick thinking.

Answered prayer: The surgery was a success, Thank God. The anesticia made her sick. She makes me laugh, "now I have to get up and go all the time" she said, she was told it's the IV solution going through her system. Being the accident happened at work, workmen comp covers 100%, Thank God. The crutches she was given were a 'child size' because she's so small (5 feet), she had me laughing.

I will be speaking with her tomorrow. Diana had to call the pharmacy for medication. She was given Vicotin, I warned her how taking orange juice with it causes nausea. She's also on Celebrex for inflammation, our sister Millie said to question her doctor, because Diana has asthma. She does take Singular and Advair for the asthma. And Thank the good Lord, she has 100% coverage on all the medicine.And an added blessing, workmen comp has a van to transport her to and from doctors. God covers all our needs exceedingly, abundantly of what we ask for and need.

Remember: Pray for continued health throughout her physical therapy...

Enjoy: Speaking & laughing with the 'living' doll in your family...


From: Our 'loving & prayerful' Front Porch...Ana & Andy

Credit: James Whistler (painter)

No comments: