Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Andy


HOW DO I LOVE THEE...

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth
and height my soul can reach,
when feeling out of sight.
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's most quiet needs,
by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use in my old griefs,
and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose with my lost Saints--
I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life!--and,
if God choose, I shall love thee but better after death.

From: Our 'Loving' Front Porch...Love now & forever, Ana

Credit: Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)

No comments: