Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Mother's Day





Some people have a talent for doing just the right thing, for making others happy, for bringing special joy to children's lives...
Such is a Mother's genuine and sincere love, and you are much loved and appreciated because of it. You ladies, daughters; sisters; wives and mothers have been just that
and more to everyone you cared for through out the years.
'Madre Una' is a Spanish quote, because no one in the whole world would dare try to take her place.
M is for the Mucho things she gave me.
A is for the many time she Answered all my questions.
D is for her Daring way of protecting me.
R is for her Reasoning with an open-hearted wisdom.
E is for Everything she did to make life Easier for me.
Put them all together it spells 'Madre', sola 'Una Madre' para mi.
Translated the one and only mother for me.

I tell everyone Judge Judy reminds me of my mami, she looks and acts just like her. Sharp as a tack, my Mami's favorite saying was: "When your contemplating on doing something, I've been there, back and rested", Yikes!.
I read in 'Latina' magazine, all Spanish mother's say that to their daugthers.

She met my father during WWII, while he drilled in the Army in Puerto Rico. His way of meeting her, he asked for a cup of water through the window, how humble is that. They married raising her five siblings in Puerto Rico.
On to New York City, a new beginning for both, she worked in the garment industry as a seamstress. Many a times she came home with frozen feet and needle-nicked fingers. Talk about present your body a living sacrifice being a reasonable service. She taught me to sew; clean; be sharp-'Lista!'she'd say, and to be loyal to God, family and country.

At her eulogy, I read Proverbs 31, and her children arose and called her blessed ... and her husband is know at the city gates...(in Spanish) Y sus hijos se levantaron y la bendicieron, y su Esposo es conocido en las pueltas del pueblo.

To live such a precious and committed life is much to aspired.

Christ said: God puts his wings over us like a Mother's love.
Thank God for all Mother's precious care & unending love...

From Our 'Motherly' Front Porch to Yours....Ana & Andy

Credits: To God's beautiful creation-the flowers my mother loved...

No comments: