Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Paddington Bear


Sunday, May 11,2008-Mother's Day, the morning is foggy in Fern Village.
Nana is wearing her purple suede jacket. Covered in sepia fur, I am keeping cool & cozy in my large purple bag.
We are going to my new home called Momma's place. I wonder what it will be like? Nana said, 'Now, Paddington, you'll love it there'. 'Why?',I asked, being very shy and sad to leave my comfy box. 'Well, for certain, there is a beautiful lady and a kind gentleman with two handsome sons, who will love and take very good care of you'.
Oh, I hoped Nana would stay with me. Sensing my concern, she tenderly said, 'I'll always be with you in your new family's heart.' With that, I curiously looked up toward the blue sky and sighed, just like my master...always with me.
Pastels colors swirled all around me and the scent of lavender was in the air. Why, it's from the tissue I'm wrapped up in, and the beautiful smell-it's me!
Bouncing along Main street, peeking out, I saw pretty store windows dressed in Spring colors. The doll house was just my size, but we passed it.
The blacksmith was banging away at his wares. And the Mercantile Shop had lots of antiques on display. I sat quietly, as together we strolled along the avenue, glancing at Times Remembered. I'm glad Nana found me at the Gazebo; every day I looked out the window, hoping someone would take me home.
Alas, we've arrived, nice and safe. Here it is, my new home, I hear barking, oh no! Okay, remember what Nana said, 'stay calm'. I hear cheerful young voices, must be the two sons. The door opens, what's that big black thing jumping up and down. It's a dog, whew, another member of the family. And he talks! Did he just say mumma?
The kind gentleman is at the door, he so tall and gentle; I know I'm going to love it here. And there she is, the lady Nana told me about, she is more beautiful than I ever imagined. Her thick hair is dark-auburn, her eyes and smile are as bright as the sunshine. She's speaking kind words to everyone.
Nana was right, they are a loving family who will take good care of me. I wish everyone would spend Sunday with us. Soon Papi will join us for worship.
Next Sunday, I'll meet the rest of the wonderful family. My new family and I spent an enjoyable afternoon celebrating Mother's Day.
The kind gentleman & sons prepared brunch for Nana & Momma. Afterwards, Nana & Papi went home to reminise.
The sun is setting soon it'll be bedtime, the sweet young sons hug & kiss me and their parents. Where I wonder will I be? Oh joy, the beautiful lady is taking me to snuggle with me,as father smiles peacefully. I do feel loved in my new family's home.

Remember: Enjoy sweet snuggles with loved ones...

From Our 'Scented' Front Porch to yours...Ana & Andy

Credit: Paddington Bear from the U.K.

No comments: