Saturday, June 28, 2008

God Answered Prayers


Before moving to California, I prayed for the apartment next to our son's house. He lived in the 'main-house' with the in-law unit above the double garage.

I knew God answered our prayer when our son called and said 'Mom, our neighbor is moving'. With their mediating and cleaning support, we moved into the in-law unit on Spring of 2001. They planted my favorite red geraniums, and we had beautiful garden- parties celebrating all our holidays together in the 'main-house'.
Our apt.has a washer & dryer; colonial-type cabinets; a bathroom off the one bedroom; and, of course 'our front porch'. I prayed God would put it in the owner's heart to restore the front porch. Within a month, the owner knocked and said, 'The porch and stairs will be torn down and replaced', thank God for answered prayers. We enjoy our restored front porch during sunset, the warmest time of day.

We miss the kids they outgrew the small house, and moved into a beautiful roomy house a few blocks away. Their new home has a 'home-school-den'(answered prayer),now used as our son's office.
I prayed for new neighbors with a girl(the owner's daughter moved in)and,Fiona was born the next spring. However, they're nomadic and in two and one-half years have only cut the grass twice; once because I asked, and a second time unfortunately for a 'questionable-party'. At our age and with our health issues, we are unable to garden and it's a sad and overwhelming site. I pray for a garden-wedding and they will have to restore the yard to it's former beauty(when Joe & Becky lived here).

We still enjoy our front porch very much. However, in the winter it's difficult to bring groceries up the stairs. Therefore, as I'm struggling with bags, I've pray to the Lord for senior housing. Don't get me wrong, I love our home situated across from the post-office and right off Main St. However, God is faithful yet, our son called recently, 'Mom, Good news, the Coast Guard is moving out of Ferndale and the units are being considered for Senior Housing'. We went to the library and found the newspaper article, photo-copied and stapled it as a prayer-filled goal. I called Senior Resources and a nice volunteer returned my call and informed me: We're trying to allocate the units for low-income/Senior Housing. I shared how this is an answered prayer and she said 'Well, keep praying', I am to the Great I Am....

Remember: God answers prayers: 'Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see' (Hebrews 11:1)

Hope: To enjoy our grandsons walking over to Senior Housing (much closer to their home)....

From: Our 'answered prayers' Front Porch...Ana & Andy.

Credit: All poster.com/ Our caring God...

No comments: