Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Good Surprise

I had a nice surprise today, my sister-in-Christ, Starla, called me. I was done with morning chores and needed some downtime.
Ring-"Hello?" Two hours of fun-filled chatting. What about? Well, all sorts of neat stuff. First of all, Starla is my son's mother-in-love, she's the sweetest most encouraging lady on earth; I always enjoy her company.
When we get together, we talk about the grandkids, of course. She keeps me posted on our Garberville family.

Shopping in the town's funky store with Courtney.
Jasmine's baptism-week challenges.
And little Wesley's cute sayings (about bible) "I just know the basics". We should all be so wise.
Our concerns are the same and we exchange ideas on how to deal with them.
My favorite part of our conversation is when we share stories about the 70's, when our kids were babies. We laugh so much, I have a smile all day long, just thinking about her wise-cracks.
I'm so glad God blessed me with such a great lady.
Do you have a wonderful person/sister to call today and encourage her? Try it. It will be well-worth sharing all the good news.

Words of encouragement: Christ said, "Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world". (John 16:33)
Also, "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my children walk in the truth" (3 John 4).

Remember: Scripture-Pray today & Enjoy your window shopping.

From: Our 'Basic' Front Porch to yours...Ana & Andy.

Credit: Illustrator-Sarah Kay

No comments: