Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Current Events Day


I love reading the newspaper and sharing stories with our grandsons. In Junior High a teacher had us clip 'current events' from our local newspaper and make a presentation. I enjoyed the show & tell, especially the quotes.

In home school we had a 'Current Events Day', it was a hit. I cut a clipping about a senior-ladies reunion, Becky and the boys laughed at the poignant tales from the past. Davey did a presentation on the bike trail schedule at Sequoia Park. Joey's presentation was on a trial rescue-drill, he was so excited telling us about his Uncle Scott's job and all he does to help people.
I hope we have another 'Current Events Day'. I'm sure we will come up with lots of neat things to share. Next time, it might even be a collage, wouldn't that be great! Well, go check out, 'What's the news around the Nation? We have got the information'.

Whenever I'm feeling a writing bug, I also enjoy doing this relaxing exercise. During a stay at a convalescent home, a Quaker lady taught us children to clip magazine pictures, tape on a page, turn and write a story. Try it you'll love it and be pleasantly surprised at your own creativity.

A personal challenge I hope to do is similar to the above, with a scripture title and call it 'Scripture Picture'. Okay, I have to find magazines and my bible to visually learn God's word. Keep on reading, writing and sharing. Please send comments when you try my ideas.(lol)

Remember: Enjoy and share all 'Good news'.

Proverb 25:25 'As 'cold waters' to a thirsty soul, so is good news from afar'.

From: Our 'Daily Post' Front Porch to yours... Ana & Andy.

Credit: All Poster.com/Eureka newspaper

1 comment:

preacherman said...

I enjoyed reading your blog.
Keep up the great work.
I will read and comment as often as I can.
I hope you guys have a great week.