Tuesday, June 10, 2008

English Ivy


Today I was thinking about New England, our home for most of our life together.
Mostly about our friends and family and all the good fellowship we've shared.
I think I miss the earth there, I know it sounds strange. But everything seemed much greener year round.
I loved when we went on surprise car rides (who can afford to do that anymore?- smile). We enjoyed sight-seeing and going to greenhouses throughout Connecticut.
My favorite plant is the English Ivy. My sister-in-Christ, Betty, gave me a clipping years ago and it bloomed beautifully and lasted a long time. I've hunted for a new English Ivy, I found one in Eureka and let it pass, so sorry.
Other plants we had were Pathos, my mom got me one in Mystic, Ct.; a spider plant; and Andy had a beautiful full-grown fern. We brought only one or two with us to Ca.
I love hardy plants and this area requires such. Hope to go to the Feed-Shop in Fortuna to buy a couple of plants.
I need to remember my favorite: English Ivy, the beautiful green hardy leaf looks like a large oval with curly edges and it grows profusely in rich black soil.
Hope & Pray to find one, maybe for my birthday, Lord willing.

Enjoy: the scent of fresh cut grass.

Remember: You're never alone in God's garden of love.

From: Our 'horticultural' Front Porch...Ana & Andy.

Credit: Collier Magazine/1930 Art.com

No comments: